Updated Tuesday February 5, 2019 by WYL.
- Introduce kids to the awesome sport of lacrosse and have so much fun doing it that no one wants to leave J
- Create an environment that is safe, fun, active and respectful for players and coaches to enjoy lacrosse
- Have so much fun learning and playing lacrosse, kids want to make this THE sport they do EVERY Spring!
- Help families discover the most fun you can have running with a stick and not get yelled at for it
- And last, but not least – introduce the incredible lacrosse community we are SO LUCKY to have right in our own backyard
- WildCubs is a co-ed grades 1 & 2 program that runs for SIX Saturdays (dates TBD, but typically begins in the 1st half of April)
- We practice/play at THPRD’s HMT facility on the corner of NW Walker & NW 158th
- Each session runs for about an hour plus from 10:am to about 11:15am and at our first session we’ll see how well that fits for y’all
- Please arrive ~10-15mins before start time for sign-ins, grab some water, and get ready for some fun
- We’ll provide sticks, balls, goals, and coaching (if you child has their own stick, AWESOME, please bring it – pretty please!!)
- Please bring plenty of water for your Cub and Portland spring weather appropriate clothing and shoes (if you have cleats, cool, but not required) J
- Several of our Westview HS Lacrosse Boys & Girls may also be joining us to help with skills and having fun – which is always a bonus !!
- This clinic is US Lacrosse insured and was part of your registration fees
What will Players do during each clinic?
- We’ll do dynamic warm-ups
- We’ll introduce them to the fundamentals of lacrosse and do skills building drills
- We’ll do mini-scrimmages so players can put their newly learned skills to work
- We’ll do some fun stuff where the kids get to run, laugh, and enjoy being part of the Westview WildCubs
- We’ll do a Picture Day for the WildCubs and unlike all the other “Team Pictures” you might have – these are custom made for each player, and cool !
For this season, we will be on the Turf @ HMT and doing a combined K-2 program with the other TVYLL Clubs. A great way to get our Cubs learning and enjoy the Game with an energetic group of players and Coaches. We will host the 6-session season at THPRD’s HMT facility on the corner of NW Walker & NW 158th (near the Freddie’s), on Turf field #1, to the left of the main athletic center. Check-in will be under the Blue Canopy area and Parents are welcome to hang-out there to watch their Cubs in action !